August 07, 2009

Wow, do I suck for updating or do I suck for updating?!

I think I suck at updating.

What's really funny is that about two weeks ago, I told myself I'd try to update this EVERY DAY for TWO WEEKS. Look at ALL those posts! Such clever and insightful things were said. Sigh.

So, let's see if I can try and update once a week. That is something I should be able to do, right? Sure. Maybe I'll make it a TIDTuesday thing. We'll see how long that lasts - feel free to place your bets as to how long I actually keep it going, or if I even start it!

Seeing as we're on the topic of never posting, how about we address TheInsaneDomain and it's lack of anything good for what, years now? I think part of the problem is that the writers/contributors, though mainly me, is getting older. Okay, we're ALL getting older but the content of the site hasn't been growing up with me. I guess it's time to make it grow up. When the start first started, I was finishing highschool and just 'playing' with HTML. I still lived at home, and was still working my first sort of serious job. Now, I've been married for 10 years, I own a house and I've moved away from where I grew up. Needless to say, my world has changed a lot since a lot of TID was written. I need to start updating with things that are more relevant to me, and ask the previous contributors to return, and share what they think. I realized the other day that a half of the TID contributors are now parents. How is THAT for frightening?! Out of those, I'm sure all of them are good friends with those who have children too.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that TID needs a good update, and I know it. I'm going to have to stop pretending we're not actually responsible adults in reality, and start writing about these things that ARE in our lives. Makes sense doesn't it? Yea, well time flies and suddenly you're an adult doing adult things. Maybe my previous contributors will agree to help me, and we'll tie into their sites (if they have them!) and things that they feel the need to spam us all with.

Now all I need is a well designed website. Sigh. Site design has come a long way since I started, and really, look at the site. It's clunky and has SO much text to it. Maybe I'll just try something new, without killing the old one. I'll think about how to do that.

I've also got an adventure to finish writing for TID - It's 2/3 done - I just need some time to sit down and FINISH it. No really, for real. Really. Shut up, I will try! Really.

Ok, enough of that already - my to do list is getting longer and to accomplish anything, I've got to pick ONE thing and just DO it. So I'll try posting more here. Lucky you.

Photo : Small talk by decoyrobot

Halloween is coming - are you ready?

No comments: