November 08, 2007

Tired ramblings.

My job.
Today I did a lot of photo editing, as that is my new job. I work for a photographer, doing photo editing for weddings that she’s shot. It’s nice to be working again! I’m learning more about PhotoShop, and it gets me out of the house every so often. The best part is that I don’t have to actually GO to any of these weddings, just edit the photos. I know you’re all jealous of my job but try to contain it.

I’m a winner.
For anyone who doesn’t know, I won first place in a photography contest and got some cool prizes. I was surprised to win at all, and even more surprised at what photo won it. You can send me gifts of congratulations anytime. So now I'm a real winner. A REAL WINNER. Okay so it's not some huge thing that will have my parents crying with pride or anything, but it rocks that I won, my parents ARE proud and I think I am too.
The photo that won

Winter?!
This morning it actually snowed a bit, officially notifying everyone that yes, winter is on it’s way and it’s going to suck for a few months. There are rumours that it’s supposed to be up to 10 degrees next week, so that will give me time to pack away anything still outside that shouldn’t be. I don’t like the idea of being trapped in the house for the next few months, but the idea of leaving it every day is even worse. Maybe this year I’ll try to find some sort of winter sport to participate in other than hiding under blankets for warmth, or trying to paint every room in my house a different colour.

Wanted : A good sleep.
I was woken early this morning by a paw to my head and a meow in my ear telling me she was starving for food. I played dead until she grew weary and left the room but I didn’t sleep too much longer. I haven’t been sleeping so wonderfully lately and early morning pawings aren’t helping. I’ll just keep playing dead until she gets the idea and doesn’t bother, or until I’m actually dead, which will be a lesson to us both. What I really need is a full nights sleep where I wake up feeling rested. That’d be great.

Ice castles.
If our ancestors created grand castles made of ice during the ice age, we’d never know about it because they would all melt without leaving a trace of their existence. That sucks. I bet those castles were really big and wonderful. Then global warming came along and the ice age ended. I guess if we want to see something like that now, we can go to that Swedish ice hotel. Oh wait, why bother, I can go visit the one in Quebec, that’s much closer.

No comments: