October 11, 2009

Autumn & stuff.


Pumpkins!
Autumn has arrived and that means Halloween is near. The local farms have pumpkins, and of course, I'm there to get a few for myself. Some may laugh at me for picking an 'ugly' pumpkin, but I think it's far cooler than their boring old only-orange pumpkins.

Halloween.
It's always so hard to come up with ideas for a halloween costume. Something simple but fun, and be ready to wear a winter jacket with it. It always seems to snow, rain or something nasty on halloween, making it suck to be outside for long! Seeing as we're too old to go door to door, we're handing out candy and usually have a fire-pit going to keep us warm.

No, I'm not telling you what my costume is, that would spoil the surprise. Last year I was a skeleton and that was boring, but this year it's a bit more original and totally boring.


Leaves.
Now that it's autumn, it means that leaves are falling all over my lawn. Raking leaves is sort of fun at first, but quickly becomes annoying. With the amount of leaves that fall on my lawn, it's more of a raking them into sections so they can rot out of the way - bagging them or anything would take weeks and I don't have that kind of time for leaves.

Maybe I'll make a huge pile and jump into them. It's been a long time since I've done that.


Image - Pumpkin patch by DecoyRobot

No comments: