December 04, 2007

Insane ghost fiction from Antarctica.

INSANEtalk.com
Yep, like many others on the planet, I've got a completely pointless forum. You're invited to join, but beware, strange characters lure there - sometimes. We argue about the usual things that people online argue about (Star Wars, the refusal of some to spell things correctly, what type of cheese is best etc.). There is also the usual name-calling, but we all seem to like the abuse.
You can COMMENT on things you see HERE on THERE.

Speaking of verbal abuse...
Unlike a lot of people, I still read newsgroups. Lately a lot of them have been spammed by some guy who posts these long journal entries of sorts where he outlines how he has been verbally abused each day. He states that he's truly unwell, and has accepted that he is insane. He then goes on to detail how a TV show is laughing at HIM personally, a commercial is mocking his medical ailments, and how people whisper in the street about him using normal everyday conversation. Then he somehow links all this to some secret government agency, of course, and insists that it is THEY who are doing this to him and have been for years. At one point he even claims that "they sent someone to simulate an act in front of my window, which was captured on film."

I can't even begin to do justice to this, and though you might think I'm a cruel person for finding this amusing, I beg to differ. Anyone truly that insane wouldn't be coherent enough to write a single paragraph, much less post to newsgroups, so I'm convinced of the genius of this bizarre newsgroup-fiction. That's right, it's pure FICTION. What I'd like to suggest is that this guy not waste his time on spamming the newsgroups, but to publish a book of all of them together. I for one would love to read it, as I would find it to be great entertainment. Fiction can be fun.

Good morning, ghosts.
Starting this week, I'm working part-time in another location other than in front of my own computer in my own livingroom. (Which is where I've been working for about a year now.) It sure is nice to get the hell out of the house and work with someone cool on stuff that I don't mind working on. The place I now work at apparently has ghosts but so far they have remained silent and unnoticed in my presence.

I greet them in the morning and chat at them randomly throughout the day, so perhaps they will warm up to me and start telling me secrets such as winning lottery numbers and the meaning of life (if other than 42). Seeing as they're supposed to be human ghosts, the odds are they will not know any secret information like that, so maybe they'll just lead me to find some hidden photos from the past or an old book or something fun like that. Do I really believe in ghosts? No, not really. If they find me some photos or something then I might.

Antarctica is art.
Today I saw a piece of art that, if I had the money to do so, would LOVE to have in my office at home. It was a framed map of Antarctica with a charcoal drawing of what was probably James Cook's voyage over-layed on top. The map was a 1997 version, done by National Geographic and featured some interesting information about the frozen continent. It was great but I can't currently afford it. Maybe YOU should send me some money so I can.

No comments: